Monday, July 17, 2006

 
I've been perusing the Peace Corps web site and I came across the Paul Coverdell World Wise Schools program. This program pairs a Peace Corps Volunteer with a class in grades 3-12. You would hear from your volunteer on a regular basis, and correspond with your volunteer. This could add to a class on culture, geography, economics, or any subject, actually.

I'm pairing up with my nieces' school, but I thought I would let you know about it and perhaps take advantage of the opportunity too. Maybe you can even request someone in the Morocco artisan program - you wouldn't get me, but you might get someone who is having an experience similar to mine. This has to be requested by a specific educator in your school. Here's the link:

http://www.peacecorps.gov/wws/

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?